Your Private Introductory Start-Up Offer
Are you a little nervous about starting? That's normal for everyone on their first lesson! Even myself, the Master Instructor of Cobra Martial Arts & Fitness Centres was nervous when attending my first lesson as a child, almost 30 years ago back in 1984. When I speak to other students and even current Black Belt instructors, they tell me that they were also nervous in the beginning.
Why are we all so nervous about turning up to the lesson which will positively change the rest of our lives? Basically we don't know what to expect! On arriving for their first lesson, some of the questions running through people's minds include:
1) I am overweight, unfit, uncoordinated or inflexible etc - I am not sure if I will be able to handle it?
Let me assure you that most of our students are unfit and inflexible when they start. Besides learning self defence, fitness development is of the main reasons people want to start with us. As a beginner you will be with other beginners, must train at your own pace and must only do what you can. We will gradually build your fitness with you over time!
2) What if they are a bunch of hero's or macho men / women - I will feel uncomfortable?
You will not encounter this type of person at our school. The macho / ego type of personality doesn't last long at Cobra. These people change fast and become more humble, respectful and disciplined. It is not long before we see them helping other students rather than thinking of themselves. Cobra is a family martial arts centre and the above changes happen to people as part of the program.
3) Will I have to fight someone?
No! Beginners are not allowed to spar as they simply don't know enough. As you advance and learn more, if you choose to spar (optional) you may attend the specially run sparring sessions.
4) Do I have to do push-ups and other such exercises - because I don't think I could manage that?
Relax, only do what you can. Do not compare yourself to the person next to you. Just aim to improve a little each week. How does a pigmy eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Inch-by-inch it is a cinch!
About The Private Introductory Start-Up Offer
To ease your nerves, what I have done is created a special Private Introductory Start-Up Offer which we will be running for the next few weeks. It is a ONE-ON-ONE Private lesson, conducted in a separate area from everyone else. It will be taught for you by Cobra's friendliest instructor, hand picked by myself! It will be a very light session with the sole purpose of introducing you to Cobra Martial Arts.
When you come back, if you are an adult you will train in the adult BEGINNER ONLY classes. You will not be put with experienced students. Everyone in your class will have only just started. I have allocated my most friendly instructors to teach the beginner classes and they will insist that you go at your own pace and can take a break anytime. Only do what you feel comfortable doing. As you get fitter and stronger, you will be able to do more and more, and soon you will be so fit that the beginner class will become easy for you. Yes, I am not joking, I have operated Cobra for over 20 years and I see dramatic and immediate fitness improvements every week. At that point you may move into the more intense, ALL LEVELS classes if you wish. If you prefer however, you may train in the all levels classes immediately from day 1.
For children, you will train in a class according to your age group ie 3-5yo, 6-9yo, 10-14yo, 15+yo. I have special instructors especially allocated to assist first time childrens. Advanced level children train in a separate class to beginners. Parents will notice immediate changes in behaviour, confidence, respect, focus and attention span.
So it is well worth taking advantage of the amazing Beginner's Private Introductory Start-Up Offer which we are offering for the next few weeks. You will also save about $200 by taking advantage of the Private Introductory Offer.
The Private Introductory Start-Up Offer
You will receive a Private Introductory Lesson (normally $50), an Official Custom Designed Cobra School Uniform (normally $99) and we will waive your joining fee (normally $99), should you wish to continue.
|Official Cobra School Uniform. Normally:||$99.00|
|Personal Training Session: Normally:||$50.00|
|Waived Joining Fee: Normally:||$99.00|
This offer is the best way to try Cobra Martial Arts and the best value offer we have ever advertised! There is no obligation to continue.
Phone Cobra NOW on 9358 3000 to book your Private Introductory Start-Up lesson and save almost $200.
Format of the Private Introductory Start-Up Lesson:
It is a low intensity private session, aimed at teaching you the basics, before you decide on whether you wish to continue with the beginner classes or even Private Lessons.
Children's Introductory Lesson Format:
- How and why we bow and a chat about respect for elders, instructors, parents and school teachers.
- Explanation about how Cobra Martial Arts training 'includes' and reinforces correct behaviour at home and school!
- The basic Cobra warm-up and fitness building exercises.
- Stretching techniques for improving your flexibility.
- The self defence stance and guard.
- Basic Punches.
- Basic Kicks.
- Basic Self Defence to grabs and holds.
- How to use the kick pads correctly.
- Why martial arts must not be used on friends, family, brothers and sisters.
- How the Cobra belt system teaches Goal Setting skills which we will use for the rest of our lives.
- Explanation about the belt colours and 'gradings' ie belt promotions.
- Explanation that school grades and behaviour at home must be satisfactory before your parents and school teacher sign your belt promotion form!
Adult Introductory Lesson Format:
- Explanation about class format
- The basic Cobra warm-up and fitness building exercises
- Stretching techniques for improving your flexibility
- The Fighting Stance and guard
- Basic Punches
- Basic Kicks
- Basic Kickboxing / MMA Combinations
- Basic Self Defence to grabs and holds
- How to use the kick pads correctly
- Everything you need to know before joining the group lessons!